What makes things harder is that there are a number of marketing strategies out there in the web all of which make tall claims
Today, in this article we are going to discuss in detail about “Organic vs Paid marketing search strategies” the pros and cons of both and which strategy is best for your business marketing. In this blog, we will be comparing the two of the biggest strategies out there: organic marketing and paid marketing.
It is no longer an oblivious fact that the marketing landscape on the internet is constantly evolving and broadening its horizon. With the rise of new strategies and new technology, user participation and real-time content is also changing its course. Now, every business has its own website, most people are at least familiar with SEO, and Google has cracked down the biggest problem of keyword stuffing and many other SEO methods that some marketers use.
How Does Organic Reach Work?
Organic marketing is the form of marketing which lets a brand develop and maintain their own presence. It helps to nurture the audience with a prolific experience that leads to engagement and eventual loyalty. In the world of marketing, the term “organic” refers to something that happens naturally with minimal efforts. In this instance, “organic search” refers to the users who find content on any search engine by clicking on one of the links from the search engine results pages.
For example whenever we type a question or search anything in Google, or any other search engine, the list of links that appear below are known as “organic results” as these appear purely on the basis of quality and content of the page. Traffic generated from people finding the links among these results is classified as “organic search”.
Pros of Organic Search Strategies
Organic search is widely considered the most valuable form of the search for several reasons out of which few are listed below:
- Gets More Results: Google directs the highest amount of traffic to this type of search as they are the most trusted source for people researching anything.
- Quality Supersedes: Content quality is paramount as ranking in the top five, results for a keyword indicates that the content is high quality.
- Scales up Page Ranking: If a site results on the first page of Google then it receives 92% off all search traffic on Google. Traffic drops by 95% on the second page.
- More than 30% of clicks from the organic search go to the very first listing on Google.
- More Traffic Generation: It generates more traffic over time: The most beautiful part organic search strategies is that if you stop working for a short time you will not lose your traffic, instead you will get more traffic over time.
- SEO Traffic in organic search is Free: One does not need to pay for link building and content creation.
- Organic search results in Higher CTR.
How does Paid Search Work?
Paid marketing shows organisations which have paid to appear at the top of search results.
Paid marketing has been more popular in recent years as organic search is steadily becoming more competitive. Instead of waiting patiently for your SEO to build up, one can pay for the chance and get seen on page one of Google immediately.
Pros of Paid Search Marketing
- It helps in scaling up the page quick: Paid search marketing will help you to scale up in search results, as you spend more money you will get more traffic on your website instantly.
- It targets specific regions: With the help of paid search one can target any region where they want to advertise a business. If you want to advertise your business in Zurich, a paid advertisement will show your business just in Zurich.
- Aggressive Landing Pages: a Landing page is one of the most important parts of the Pay-Per-Click campaign. It is because people all over the world will not read so much content if you want to convert them into your clients. Thereby paid search helps you to make a very informative short page for your audience, which will not only generate buzz but also convert them into potential customers.
Overall Organic and Paid search both are helpful for your business. If you are using paid search then you can easily control and track your customers, from where your traffic is coming and which country or city you have targeted for maximum sales. But in organic search, you will get traffic from different regions around the world it may be Sweden, Alaska, USA or China. The good thing is that one cannot control this traffic but this strategy will help your business reach other countries which will generate higher leads.
The major drawback of organic search is that it is slow than paid search but the impact of traffic is higher because if you are performing organic search your traffic will be permanent and it will not go anywhere else. However in a paid advertisement, you will get high runtime traffic but you will have to pay for this, you will have to pay high to get more traffic which is very costly. It is also a fact that traditionally, inbound marketers have avoided paid search religiously, as we viewed a more outbound method of marketing, but with various tools, it is becoming far more common today.
Realistically, it takes more than six months to start seeing movement in page and search rankings and most people just do not want to wait that long. Paid search helps you get visitors to your website almost instantly and also speeds up the process of optimizing your landing pages which pay off exponentially in the long run.
So, if you are carefully examining the pros and cons of organic search and paid search, then you need to be very clear about what you want.
If the results you are aiming at is for the quickest results, paid search is better, but if you are looking for the most cost-effective results, the answer becomes evident.
Organic search, in general, is a more cost-effective process in the long run. Therefore, it is advised to kindly take a look at your goals and do not be afraid to go for the right thing.