Keyword research is considered the crux of search engine optimization or SEO. It is technique doing rounds around since the early days of SEO.
The very basis of keyword research plays a crucial role in all marketing effort, and thus should be the focal point, when creating a new website for business. It should be also be kept in mind that planning good keywords does not exempt to pursue other forms of search engine optimization but it does put the website ahead in terms of adherence to the basic marketing plan. It also prepares one to stay ahead of the latest digital marketing trends.
Therefore, it is advised to conduct proper research beforehand, to help ensure that only the right kind of visitors checks into your website. With the appropriate information and tools at hand, every business should be able to predict changes in demand, respond promptly to volatile market conditions, and adjust the productivity or services. Proper keyword search gives the website a more categorized look and helps SEO specialists to optimize the website for best performance.
So What Exactly Is Proper Keyword Research?
Keyword research is basically a process of finding related keywords that, once compiled, are distributed throughout the content in a manner that helps to drive paid or organic traffic. For example, let us say you have two similar search queries – “online kurtis” and “order kurtis online”. Then will you be able to use them on the same page or it can be placed on different pages? The answer to this question- would be that in order to rank your website well in the search engine you need to analyze the potential competitors. And then, figure out whether the rank for those keywords in different pages are similar or not.
This task may take hours to complete, and there even lies a chance that the grouping may not be done correctly. Therefore to do keyword research the right way and make sure that it helps to scale up your website, we have coined some points for your convenience.
7 latest SEO experiments to boost your website traffic
- Voice Search Transcends Over Normal Search.
- It is Time For Technical SEO.
- Influencer Marketing.
- Mobile Apps For Leveraging SEO.
- Optimisation of Image.
- High CTR with Good Headline.
- Give Rest to Copyright Content
Keep A Check On Search Volume and Clicks
The topic or title you choose, kindly checks its search volume, clicks, and, more importantly, traffic potential. It is smart to opt for seed keywords, which lay a strong foundation for your keyword research. These type of keywords define your uniqueness and help you identify competitors very well. If you are keen on building a product or business you want to prosper online, then make sure you come up with a list of seed keywords which will help in easily describing the product or service with your own words.
Stay Updated About Your Competitors’ Websites
It might sound a little clichéd but the truth is keeping a check on the competitors might actually be beneficial for you. There are ample chances that your competitors have already performed all the seed keyword research work beforehand. In this way, you can research the keywords very smartly and then cherry-pick the best ones. If the confusion still persists to know who your competitors are, just put your “seed keywords” into Google and see who ranks on the front page. This approach will actually help your business to get the attention of most people instantly.
Generate Better Keyword Ideas
If you already have a website that has been around for a while, you should already be ranking in Google for a few hundred keywords. The first thing to know before proceeding is that there are three main types of keywords which are mentioned below:
- Head keywords: These type of keywords consists of 1-2 words only, and have the highest search volume. For example ”eyeliner”
- Body keywords: these keywords contain phrases of 2-3 words, which are more specific than head keywords, and have a lower search volume. For example “women’s waterproof eyeliner”.
- Long-tail keywords: these are the longer phrases which have the lowest search volume but are very specific to the product.
From the above-mentioned information, it is clear that although head keywords have the capability to generate the highest number of search results, therefore they reach the highest number of potential customers. However, that necessarily might not be right for your target customers. Long-tail keywords, on the other hand, will target fewer people but can reach the right people.
Understand The Metrics
While executing the
Perform Content Analysis Through Keywords
Once you have shortlisted the keywords, then you can use this information in lots of places in your content. Start by using keywords to optimize your content by placing keywords in the
- The title of your page: It is the most important place to place the keywords in. This holds true for both the actual title and the SEO title, which might alter slightly. The title is a major starting point for Google determining relevance, and it is the clickable link you see in search results.
- Meta description: If you are new to using an SEO tool, then this can be picked come from the first 160 characters of your content. The meta description provides the description which lies directly below the clickable link and helps people decide to click further or not.
- In links and social media updates: If you are sharing site content, then this may already be a part of the title, but you can also help people refine their searches furthermore by adding an appropriate hashtag, which also effectively serves as a keyword.
Proper researching of keywords has always been an essential part of both search engine optimization (SEO) and content optimization. Right from the beginning, it has helped websites to scale up and also has been equally important in email marketing, too.
However, sometimes it becomes hard to choose the right terms for the website. There have been many changes in search engine behaviour recently and search guidelines in the last few years, are also constantly evolving. Therefore, if you want your web pages, content as well as email marketing to deliver optimal results, then you have to have a full understanding of how to use and research keywords in the current scenario.
The above-mentioned points will help you have a complete understanding of keyword research, right from changes in search of how to use them to improve content creation and content promotion. Better start with these crucial points as all these have the potential to give your website a major jumpstart for the future.